1. The NOT NORMAL Competition Campaign (“Competition”) is organised and conducted by
DAN THE DIRECTOR (PTY) LTD, a South African Private Company with registration number
2015/390156/07, including their affiliates, partners, associations and agents (“Promoter/s”).
2. This Competition will run 24 hours a day, starting from 5 June 2019 until a stipulated date provided
by the Promoters on the website, inclusive of both starting and endings days.
3. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
WHO CAN ENTER?
4. Participants must be a natural person being 18 years or older
(“Participants”/”you”/”your”/”user”) (or if a minor, must be duly assisted by their legal guardians).
5. Participants who are minors, must have obtained the prior express consent of their parent and/or
legal guardian, and the parent and/or legal guardian must have read and accepted these Terms
and Conditions, prior to the minor participating in the Competition.
6. Participants may not enter or receive a prize if they are directors, members, partners, employees,
agents of or consultants of the Promoters, their subsidiaries, holding companies, divisions and/or
associated companies or of the advertising or promotion agencies or any other person who
directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoters, or their spouses, life partners,
immediate family members or business partners.
7. By entering this Competition, all Participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions,
8. which terms and conditions will be interpreted by the Promoter, in its sole discretion and its
decision regarding any dispute will be conclusive, final and binding and will not be challenged on
any grounds, including without limitation, the grounds that the Promoter failed to act reasonably,
fairly, in good faith or otherwise in accordance with the principles or procedural fairness.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this
Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason that
the Promoter reasonably deems necessary.
10. By entering this competition, you agree to be contacted by the Promoter by means of email
HOW TO ENTER
11. To participate in the competition you must:
12. be a valid Participant;
13. have an idea and/or concept as content for a video (“Idea/Seed/s”) which if chosen, will ultimately
be produced and executed by the Promoter;
14. be a user of the website www.notnormalshow.com (“website”), where after, you as the
participant share and submit your Idea in written form;
15. Share and submit your general location, which will include your City of residence; and
16. Share and submit your Name and a valid contactable email address (Paragraphs 12, 13, 14 and 15
are defined as the “required information”).
17. Incomplete or incorrect entries will not be eligible to be entered into the competition.
18. Entries are unlimited per Participant.
19. Entries must be by the Participant submitting them and not by a third party on the Participant’s
VERIFICATION AND REVIEWING
20. After the Participant have shared and submitted the required information. The required
information will be reviewed and verified by the Promoter within a period of 48 hours after receipt
21. The Promoter reserves the right to choose whether a seed is eligible for the Competition and will
only after verification and review of the submission, by the sole discretion of the Promoter be
displayed on the website.
22. Seeds may not include any form of derogatory language, hate speech, sexual solicitation, adult
nudity and sexual activity, violence and graphic content and/or be cruel and insensitive to others.
23. The prize will consist of a visit by Mr. Dan Mace (“Dan”) as representative and lawful agent of the
Promoter. Dan will travel to the Participant’s City of residence and endeavour to spend a week
with the chosen Participant in attempting to film and produce a video including and/or based on
the idea provided by the chosen Participant.
24. The prize does not cover any costs of the winner (“chosen Participant”) whatsoever.
25. The prize may not be exchanged for cash.
26. The Promoters reserve the right to substitute the prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater
value should the prize promoted not be available due to unforeseen circumstances.
27. The Promoters will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of incomplete or incorrect
28. The Promoters reserve the right to withhold prizes in the event that they reasonably believe, in
their sole discretion, that the winner is not eligible to win, has contravened any of these terms
and conditions, has acted in a manner that is not in the spirit of the Competition, their conduct
can be reasonably interpreted as scamming or circumventing the rules of the Competition, acted
fraudulently with regards to the Competition, if it would be unlawful to award the prize or if the
winner fails to accept the prize after 2 (two) contacted attempts for any reason whatsoever.
29. The Promoter further reserves the right to disqualify any Participant, if they do not respond to an
e-mail to them within 48 hours of notification thereof. In such an event another qualifying
Participant will be selected. The Promoters’ decision shall be final and no correspondence will be
PUBLICITY AND DATA PRIVACY
30. By entering, a Participant acknowledges that personal information about the Participant will be
shared with the Promoters, their agents and the general public visiting the website page
31. By entering, a Participant expressly consents to the sharing of their submitted seed and/or idea in
conjunction with their personal information, including and limited to their Name and general
32. The personal information will be shared to the extent necessary to conduct the Competition and
for prize to be accepted and placed into motion with the prize winner.
33. All personal information relating to the Participants will be used solely in accordance with South
African consumer and data protection legislation, including and not limited to Protection of
Personal Information Act (“POPI”), Act 4 of 2013.
34. The Promoters respect Participants’ Privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it as set
out further below; The Promoters will:
35. treat the user’s personal information as strictly confidential, save where the Promoter is entitled
to share it as set out in these terms and conditions;
36. take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that the user’s personal
information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing,
accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access (other than set out in
these terms and conditions).
37. provide users with access to the user’s personal information to view and/or update personal
38. promptly notify Users if the Promoter becomes aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or
processing of the user’s personal information;
39. provide users with reasonable evidence of the Promoter’s compliance with its obligations under
these terms and conditions; on reasonable notice and request;
40. upon the user’s request, promptly return or destroy any and all of the user’s personal
information in the Promoter’s possession or control, save for that which the Promoters are
legally obliged to retain;
41. the Promoters will not retain the User’s personal information longer than the period for which it
was originally needed, unless the Promoter is required by law to do so, or users consent to the
Promoter retaining such information for a longer period;
42. the Promoter undertakes never to sell or make the user’s personal information available to any
third party other than as provided for in these terms and conditions, unless the Promoter is
compelled to do so by law.
43. Whilst the Promoter will do all things reasonably necessary to protect the user’s rights of Privacy,
the Promoter cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful
disclosures of the user’s personal information, whilst in their possession, made by third parties
who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of their gross negligence.
44. Personal Information will be destroyed once it has become obsolete (out of date and/or
45. Subject to the Regulation of Interception of Communications Act (“RIC”), Act 70 of 2002, the
Participant agrees that the Promoter may intercept, block, read, delete, disclose and use all
communications sent or otherwise communicated to the Promoter, its employees, directors and
agents. Participants agree that their consent satisfies the requirements of Electronic
Communications and Transactions Act (“ECTA”), Act 25 of 2002 and RIC for consent in “writing”
46. Subject to sections 43(5) and 43(6) of ECTA, and to the extent permitted by law, the Website and
all Content on the Website, are provided on an “as is” basis, and may include inaccuracies or
typographical errors and Promoter, Provider, Owners, suppliers, employees, directors, partners,
affiliates and agents will not be liable for any damage, or loss or liability of any nature incurred by
whoever as a result of any action or omission. The Promoters make no warranty or representation
as to the availability, accuracy or completeness of the Content, or any third-party content
accessible via an Internet link.
47. Neither Promoter nor any holding company, affiliate or subsidiary of Provider or Owners, will be
held responsible for any damage of any kind, related to the use of, or the inability to access or use
the Content or the Website or any functionality, or of any linked website to the extent permissible
48. Please note that the following terms require you to take on risk, limit the liability of the Promoters
and indemnify the Promoters. Please read them carefully and contact the Promoters if you have
49. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any telecommunication/internet/submission failure on
the part of the Participant’s service provider.
50. The Promoter shall not be responsible and nor held liable for any entry that is not delivered,
received or is delayed or damaged due to technical reasons, including telecommunication failure
on the part of the Participant’s service provider, or otherwise. Proof of submission at the side of
the Participant is not proof of receipt.
51. The Promoters reserve the right to shorten, extend, suspend the time period of the Competition
52. terminate the Competition whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operational
reasons, or for reasons beyond its control or generally for any reason whatsoever within their sole
discretion. The Competition, its prize, and terms and conditions may be amended by the
Promoters, at any time during the Competition, and will be applied and interpreted within their
53. In such an event, all Participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of
this Competition, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoters
54. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Promoters.
55. The Promoters provide certain information on the website. Content displayed at the website is
provided by the Promoters, its affiliates or subsidiary, or any other third party owners of the
content (“content”). All the proprietary works, and the compilation of the proprietary works,
belong to the Promoters, its affiliates or subsidiary, or any third party owners of the rights
(“owners”), and the Content is protected by South African and international Copyright laws.
56. The Promoters grant the Participants and/or users, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited and
revocable (reversible) right to access, display, use, download and otherwise copy the current and
future content for personal, non-commercial and information purposes only.
57. This website and the content may not be reproduced or otherwise exploited for any commercial
purpose without the express prior written consent of Provider.
58. The license does not allow the user to collect descriptions or other information displayed here,
and does not allow any derivative (copied or derived) use of this website or the content for the
benefit of another merchant. The User may not frame the website or the content without the
express written consent of Provider.
59. The Promoters and the owners, their affiliates or subsidiary reserve the right to refuse service,
terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
60. Any unauthorised use terminates this license.
61. The Promoters may make any changes to the website, the content, or to products or services
offered through the website at any times and without notice to the Participant and/or user. All
rights in and to the content is reserved and retained by the Promoters. Except as specified in these
Terms, the Participant and/or user is not granted a license or any other right including under
Copyright, Trademark, Patent or other Intellectual Property Rights in or to the content.
62. The Promoters are not liable for any technical failures affecting participation in the campaign and
they assume no liability in this regard.
63. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating, the Participant indemnifies, releases and
agrees to hold harmless the Promoters, their associated, holding and subsidiary companies, and
its directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns
from any and all claims or liability arising from participating in the Competition, any Competitionrelated
activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize.
64. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoters will not be liable in any way whatsoever, for any
claims arising from loss, injury, damage or costs, suffered by a Participant in relation to this
Competition or the prize offered, including but not limited to claims relating to losses arising from
incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Participants.
65. The Promoters will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of incomplete or incorrect
information provided, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters.
66. If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in
full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver.
Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
67. South African law shall govern these competition terms and conditions and the courts of South
Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
68. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without
69. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
70. A copy of these terms and conditions may be obtained from www.notnormalshow.com, by emailing us at email@example.com
COMPETITION CAMPAIGN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The NOT NORMAL Competition Campaign (“Competition”) is organised and conducted by
Last Updated: 5 June 2019